Thursday, May 03, 2012

Learn Something New Everyday 

I haven't blogged in forever and ever. Blogger has changed so much since I last came by and now it's all newspangled. It's already May and when I look back at where all the time has gone I feel a sense of, yearning? Yearning for something. I kind of strange joyful, yet empty nostalgia. Perhaps it's only because I'm listening to And I Love Her by the Beatles, and the night is cold and black, and my skin is tingling but perhaps not.

It's 1:58.

So many things have changed. So many things have happened. I have changed. I have happened. Now would be a good time to talk about the friend I found in Jennifer, my kids at Power Enrichment, Catechism class, House, Criminal Minds, and the future. Now would be a good time to think about what I have learnt from the past few months, like how to prioritize, the importance of being there, how to give up your pride for your friends, how to sing praise in the park at the top of your voice, how to love God more, how to not be a snobby, self-righteous prig, how to be more responsible, how to be focused.

Now would also be a good time to think about what Grace told me over the phone a few moments ago. "Do something new everyday."

"It's so tiring, though", I say.

"It's only tiring because you stuck in your cyclical way of life. You have to do something new everyday. You have to go out and find it. Find excitement."

It might be difficult, but I think that if I wake up with the same thought everyday, which is to THANK GOD THAT I AM ALIVE I will most definitely learn something new everyday.


Asked where his inspiration came from, he said fiercely, "It doesn't come, Your Majesty, you have to go out and fetch it." -Alan Bennett 

No comments: