Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Under Construction
I am as this close to losing my mind.
This is how my morning sounded like.

Sister stuck in the toilet. 
Knob is turned several hundred times by older sister, grandfather, mother and helper to no avail. Grandfather slams body against door. Repeatedly.


1am-
BANG BANG BANG BANG
Banging continues.

2am-
BANG BANG BANG BANG

2.10am-
Helper: I think, we're going to wake the neighbors. (Really? REALLY?!)

6am- 
Man with big axe walks into my bedroom.

6.30am- 
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

7.30am- 
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
Knob falls off and door is forced open.
Younger sister is released from bathroom. Cheers all around. Toilet floor strewn with toilet paper.


Younger Sister: It was my bed ):

745am- 
Blessed sleep and quiet. 

8am- 
Construction work begins upstairs.
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

12pm- 
Construction work ceases. Helper and Older Sister rejoice over lunch.

1pm- 
False alarm.
BANG BANG BANG DRILL BANG BANG

1.30pm-
Construction in the field opposite my house begins.
BANG BANG BANG DRILL BANG BANG BANG

It's like a freaking musical.
I cannot even hear myself think. My Qatar earplugs are next to useless.

Feel like going to the wall and BANG BANG BANG BANG-ing my head on it.

No comments: