Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Today is the first day of Lent.
There's so many things to change, so many commitments to keep, so many deadlines to meet, so many people to love, and so much discipline needed.

I notice my life taking a turn for the emotional and reflective. It's as if I'm turning inward to look for solace because I'm dealing with such stress externally. I'm going to get through this, I am. I'm going to get through this because I have God and he's given me my friends, and family and a resilient character.

Also, it's campaign week- hence there has been a marvelous proliferation of foods ranging from little sweets to jelly (Here's a Jelly, Vote for Kelly), from cookies, to brownies, from nuggets, to chocolate cornflakes. The candidates this year are really keen about campaigning and honestly, no one is complaining. I do feel that the food they provide us shows their commitment to taking care of the welfare of the students, but then again sometimes we place too much emphasis on it.

No comments: